Lumin U1 channel mapping

Hi, I’ve just received a new Lumin U1 streamer to try. For some reason, Roon seems to be downmixing 7.1 to 2.0 channels, even when the setting is disabled in Device Setup:

This downmixing does NOT occur with any of the other streamers I have here (Auralic, SOtM and iFi) nor any of the PCs I have setup as RoonBridges:

Strangely, Device Setup for the Lumin does NOT show the Channel Layout option, as it does with my other streamers and RoonBridge PCs.

I’m trying to determine whether this problem is being caused by Roon or by the U1. Of course, I will contact my Lumin dealer to see if we can idenify the cause, but I thought I’d post this here too, in case anyone had any insights.

Cheers,
Mani.

Doesn’t seem strange to me for a 2-channel (stereo) only device.

grafik

1 Like

My Auralic, SOtM and iFi streamers all output mutlichannel via USB no problem.

Lumin supports 2 channels only.

Thanks for letting me know.

Shame, as I would to have loved to taken a listen…

Peter, is there a good reason for this? It means that those of us with active setups (hence multichannel) can never use Lumin.

We have many models with internal stereo DAC. Our USB output products / modes are derived from those.

Ah OK, thanks for letting me know.

If you ever produce a streamer that can output multichannel via USB, please let me know. I would love to try a top-end Lumin at some point.

2 Likes