Greetings @wklie -
My iFi Pro iDSD DAC will upsample to 768K if it receives 96K (or a 192K) PCM signal.
Consequently. I have been using Roon to convert all PCM signals, excepting the 196K, to 96K.
Because of your continued presence on this forum the Lumin U1 Mini has appeared on my radar.
Normally, I don’t believe in uber streamers, but the ability of the U1 to resample a stream would remove some processing from the Roon Core, thereby returning my path to only 3 stops, i.e. source, RAAT, and ALSA. Less is more.
- Can the U1 resample (both up and down, as appropriate) any and all PCM streams to 96K?
- How would it handle native DSD streams?
- Upscale Audio sells an SBooster conversion kit that replaces the internal PS of the U1. What do you think of such an approach?
- Although I don’t need it, the same vendor recommends a particular WiFi antenna. Would this be a successful option?
- I’m guessing that inside is a modified SBC board. Where is the OS stored, on eMMC or on the kludge of an SDHC?