Lumin U1 mini transport

Answered in Lumin u1 mini with Roon

Is it worth it (SQ wise) to do the LPS upgrade? What LPS do you use? Thanks

I think I have this changed.

If any U1 / U1 MINI / T2 / X1 user is interested in testing a beta firmware with RAAT 1.1.38, please let me know.

1 Like

I’m happy to test a beta in my system.

• Fritzbox 7490 (DSL Router) with PSU Sbooster BOTW P&P ECO 12V MKII ➜ Ethernet ➜ Uptone EtherRegen Side A (Switch)
  • Innuos Zenith MK II (Roon Core – Lifetime + 1 TB SSD Music Server) ➜ Ethernet ➜ Uptone EtherRegen Side A (Switch)
  • Uptone EtherRegen Side B (Switch) ➜ Ethernet ➜ Lumin U1 Mini ➜ USB ➜ Matrix X SPDIF 2 with PSU Sbooster BOTW P&P ECO 9 V MK II and Ultra MKII ➜ I2S (HDMI) ➜ PS Audio DirectStream DAC ➜ XLR ➜ Pass Labs XP-22 ➜ XLR ➜ ATC SCM50ASL Classic
1 Like

Hi Peter

great news :slight_smile:
happy to help, though… DAC is, now, a Metrum Adagio which I believe is not Roon Certified so I don’t think it will show :frowning:

1 Like

Hi Peter, I would too (U1 Mini).

Cheers

1 Like

Hi Peter, I would be happy to help in your beta testing…

I have a MacBookPro running Roon Core -> wifi -> Apple Airport -> LAN ethernet -> Lumin U1 mini -> USB -> Chord Qutest -> PrimaLuna Pre -> McIntosh Amp -> MartinLogan ESLs…

This all works great except never see the Chord Qutest as part of the output signal chain from Roon…

2 Likes

I am about to buy a U1 Mini to feed via usb my Mytek Manhattan II dac. The server - an iMac in a separate room - will be running mostly Roon. I would appreciate it if someone here could clarify the following points for me:

• Will I be able to output native DSD256 from the Mini’s USB port, which will then be recognized by and play as native DSD256 (rather than DoP128) on the Mytek?

• Are the USB ports on the Mini galvanically isolated?
    What about the other digital outputs and the ethernet port?

• Will the display still show full information when I use Roon rather that the Lumin server App?

• If instead of Roon I serve music via HQPlayer or Audirvana+, will it be equally accepted by the Mini?

Many thanks in advance for answering these questions for me.
Michael

• Lumin USB output of native DSD256 works with Manhattan II.
  • For the quality of the outputs please refer to other user reports.
  • When using Roon, you use the Roon remote app and has the standard Roon display, not Lumin app. If you’re talking about the front panel, it’ll usually show the title and artist when using Roon.
  • HQPlayer is not currently supported. You may use Audirvana UPnP playback.
2 Likes

Thank you very much for the fast reply, Peter. Yes, I was asking about the front display.
If you have a link on the discussion about the input/outputs isolation (I am asking about any internal isolation/filtering, not about adding external devices), it will be very helpful indeed.
Thanks again,
Michael

Hi I just received a Lumin U1 Mini with the sbooster power supply. I am able to get it up and running wit the Lumin app but can not get it to be seen by my Roon Rock (Nuc). I know the ethernet switch is working because I can communicate with the app on my iPad and my netgear router app can see the rock on the network. I have the Roon option turned on in the app as well.

Have you configured the LUMIN as endpoint in Roon yet? In Roon go to “Settings - Audio” and configure the Mini. It should then be visible as Zone in Roon.

2 Likes

Phillip thank you but it does not show up as an available end point in Roon.

Previously I was able to set up the SOtM 200 ultra no problem as well as the Roon Rock (nuc) as an endpoint but the Lumin does not show up in Roon even with with the string enabled in the app.

1 Like

if “Roon Ready” is enabled in Lumin Mini’s settings… try rebooting it. then reboot ROCK too

Please use Lumin app to turn off Roon Ready setting, then turn it on again.

If that does not work, wait for a minute, then reboot ROCK. After ROCK is booted up, reboot the Lumin.

If that still does not work, please go into the Netgear router settings. If you see a Smart Connect setting, disable it. If you see IGMP Proxy, enable it. Then reboot everything.

2 Likes

Hope you get it sorted out soon. I’m very happy with my Mini. Cheers

I turned off Roon in the app and then back on again that did not work.

I rebooted the rock and the Lumin along with the router and switch. I was unable to find the settings in the netgear nighthawk app. I will try another router to see if that is the issue. Totally weird in so much as other set ups worked.

The Lumin does sound good using the Lumin iPad app and works flawlessly in that setting along with Qobuz.and my Melco that is also on the network.

Netgear app probably does not have all the settings. Please use a browser instead. Usually http://192.168.0.1 or http://192.168.1.1

Alternatively, find an unmanaged switch, and connect the ROCK and Lumin to the switch.

1 Like

Are there any plans to support HQPlayer in the future?

Cannot comment on future plans.