Lumin with S booster PSU ? ??

anyone here have tried Lumin T2, D2 or U1 Mini w/ the S-booster PSU ?

Yup, D2 swap.

In short - bigger sense of energy and urgency, more precision, better handling of poorly recorded music (presumably because there is a reduction in digital hash/noise), better separation (or more defined separation).

Its very easy to do the swap and make it reversible, just don’t follow the Sbooster instructions regarding ‘cutting’ a wire.

1 Like

So it is possible to install the kit without cutting the wire? How do you remove the IEC inlet in that case, if not cutting the cord to the power switch?

I have a D2/Sbooster and second Mikey’s impressions. There was a slight but present glare that disappeared with the Sbooster. Much prefer the Sbooster. I did cut the wire.

1 Like

I just tried the Sbooster with my T2… i did not notice a noticeable difference in sound quality of any kind.

As most audiophiles… I was looking for something magical to happen. But i didn’t.

So it will get returned.

3 Likes

Yes it is possible. Simply unsolder it.

Yes U1 mini S-booster swap (without cutting the wire).
I find the U1 with greater dynamic range, softer / more musical, better separation of voices / instruments.

I use my D2 with an Sbooster. My impressions mirror those of Mikey. It really removed a digital glare I noticed with the stock D2, and as an upgrade it was well built. I liked the stock D2 but had some concerns until I upgraded to the Sbooster. Now, I’m quite happy many months on.