Lumin X1 Flagship DSD512 MQA Roon Ready Network Player

Yes, you can connect the X1 directly to a power amplifier.

And the great thing is, is that the Lumin’s feature the new Leedh volume control processing:

https://www.luminmusic.com/support-leedh-processing.html

The X1’s a great bit of kit :+1:

1 Like

I’m afraid that may require a pair of custom cable.

Many thanks. Yes, I am aware of the cables. What about matching impedance. The prospect of replacing 4 boxes with one.

From a specification point of view, there should not be a problem with impedance matching.

When you get the Lumin, please set Analog Output Level to Low and turn down the volume before playing anything.

Many thanks. It is in my shopping list, exploring the market right now.

Peter-

The tablet displaying the artwork: Is that just the Lumin iPad app displaying the artwork? Is there a way to have the artwork display to a TV?

Thx!

I’ve not tried this but I believe you can use Roon for display to TV.

For Lumin app, perhaps you may try using an iPad to HDMI cable.

Hi
I am a happy X1 owner since few month, and the SQ is really great. My music library is on a Nucleus plus linked to the X1 with an ethernet cat 7 network.
I am wondering if I need to switch off the X1 PSU ?
What I have noticed when I leave it on 24/24, is a small SQ deterioration after 1 week. If I switch off the X1 PSU for one night, SQ is back.
What is your recommandations on this topic?
Thanks in advance

I’d like you to perform some experiments.

Firstly, please make sure in Lumin app you disable all other services that you don’t need, especially Spotify Connect, Tidal Connect, and AirPlay “Lumin Streaming”, etc.

See if the SQ is maintained.

The next time you feel that the SQ is not at its best, please turn off Roon Ready setting in Lumin app, wait for 30 seconds, then turn it back on.

See if it makes anything different.

Hi Peter,

Thanks for your answer, all others services including the upsampling are turn off since the beginning except Qobuz, Tidal and the Roon Ready.
As you suggested i am going to wait for a SQ deterioration to try to turn off the Roon ready setting for 30 s and i will tell you if that resolve the issue.
What is your advice about the X1 PSU, do i have to turn it off during the night, or from time to time or never.
Thanks

I believe most users do not turn it off. However, if you live in an area where there may be electric surge then turn them off when it’s not being used.

Ok Thanks for your quick answer. As I am living in Paris France and my electrical network is almost new I don’t think so there is any electrical surge
I keep you informed

Hi Peter,

So I followed your advice, I turn off the Roon ready option for 30s on my lumin X1 app, and the sound quality is back at its best.
But I have to do that every week, so do you think it’s a normal way to act like this? Or does it mean I have an issue somewhere ?
Thanks again for your help

No one else reported something like this before. By toggling the Roon Ready setting, you’re restarting the RAAT subsystem. If it brings back the SQ you expect, then it’s better to do this than to power cycle the hardware, because clocks (therefore SQ) need time to stabilize.

Thanks Peter, I think also it’s strange to have to act like that every week, the sound quality deterioration i notice after few days is a kind of sound amplitude shrink, it’s not very strong but you can notice it.
As i bought the X1 this summer, do you think i have to speak of this issue with my french retailer?

Since it’s dependent on setting, this is not a hardware issue. Getting a hardware replacement won’t change anything.

I’ll see what I can do to improve this.

2 Likes

ok thanks a lot, so we stay in touch about this topic.

Hello Peter
I have upgraded from T2 to X1 and I am very pleased. I have a question . I noticed that the cord between the power supply and X1 is braided nylon and is 1.5m, … is it some new cord different from the previous ones? … I am asking, because in the future I plan to replace it with a WestminsterLab or Audiosensibility cable.

Yes, the new units are shipped with braided nylon cord.

Is it a different cable inside than the older one ?