TPlink Deco X90 (router) with 1GB internet
Silent Angel Bonn N8 (switch)
All components wired via Ethernet cat7

Connected Audio Devices

Lyngdorf TDAI 3400 Roon Ready

Number of Tracks in Library

None, only streaming (Qobuz).

Description of Issue

Hickups, dropouts and thereafter skipping certain (hi-res) tracks via Qobuz - Roon Ready. For example: You’re Missing (Bruce Springsteen (88.2 kHz 24bit) and the whole new Belle and Sebastian album (A bit of Previous, 44.1 kHz 24bit). When I play these songs with my Node 2i (streamer), there is no problem at all. The problem only appears when I use Lyngdorf’s Roon Ready.

Hey @Bart_Laureij,

Thank you for reaching out to us with your question. My apologies for the delayed response and for your wait. We’ve made some recent changes to the support team structure and some reports have experienced a longer response time than usual.

I’m sorry to hear that you were having playback issues with streaming through Qobuz. Since some time has passed I wanted to touch base to get your current status. If you’re still experiencing this problem, could you please provide additional details on the skipping issue? Are the songs skipping like a scratched CD or are they jump being skipped entirely in Roon?

Also, you mentioned this issue does not occur when music is played through your Node 2i, do you see it occurring when played through the system output of your core? Does it only happen when played through your Lyngdorf?

We’ll be watching for your reply and get back in touch as quickly as we can. Thanks!

Thank you!

The problem only occurs on the Lyngdorf, never when playing system output. It is skipping whole tracks, after they play for a few seconds. Sometimes hi-res 24-bit files, sometimes also 16-bit files.

In the meantime I bought a new amplifier; the Naim Uniti Nova. Fortunately the issue never occurs.

Hey @Bart_Laureij,

Thanks for letting me know! I’m glad to hear your new amp is working sound. Would you still like to investigate the issue with your Lyngdorf?

Because the issue is only happening with the Lyngdorf, it leads me to believe there might be something happening within the device itself. With this, it might be helpful to reach out to the Lyngdorf support team directly, which you can do here.

On another note with your Lyngdorf, does the issue occur when you have all content upsampled to one PCM rate via Roon’s DSP Engine?

Let me know if any of the above information helps!

Unfortunately the problem also occurs when I try the PCM ‘trick’.

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.