Lyngdorf TDAI-3400 SW update 1.1.0

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

MSI intel core i5-7200U CPU, 8gb ram. Nas synology

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

ZTE Experia box v10, internet 500 mbps up- and download, Cat 7 ethernet cable connected to Roon core PC

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Lyngdorf TDAI-3400, connected with Cat 5 ethernet cable via Lan cable hub.

Description Of Issue

High res files (above than 44.1 kHz, 16 bit) stop playing after a few seconds.
This occurs with each software update of the Lyngdorf amp. When Original firmware is re-installed, everything functions properly.
After Lyngdorf firmware update, high res files played directly from my NAS (without Roon), play without interruptions.
Audio analysis in Roon is set to fast (4 cores), images cache is set to 128 Mb. No DSP is applied.
Processor capacity is around 10% at all times, never above 20%.

I hope you could be of assistance.

Hi @Patrick_Perik,

Welcome to the forum!

1. What is the reported Processing Speed in Signal Path when you play high-res content to the Lyngdorf zone?

2. Do any other zones experience this behavior of the Lyngdorf the only one impacted by this issue with high-res files?

Hello Noris,

Thanks for your reply.

In the signal path popup I cannot see the processing speed. I tried to include the screenshot.
Unfortunately, I do not own other equipment capable of playing high res files.

With kinds regards,
Patrick

Hi @Patrick_Perik,

Thanks for the screenshot, the signal path looks good to me. There’s no processing speed listed because it is over 100x, so I don’t believe the processing speed it the issue here.

Can you clarify on this aspect? Which version of firmware number works properly vs which one does not? Are you saying that if you leave it on the original firmware, everything continues to work as expected?

Hi Noris,

Indeed, the original firmware with which I bought the amp, is version 1.0.2. All higher versions do not work. I tried 1.0.3, 1.0.4 and 1.1.0.

Kind regards,
Patrick

Thanks for the info @Patrick_Perik. Let me reach out to our hardware team and see if they have this device in the QA lab. It may take a bit of time to hear back but once we do, I or another support staff member will reach out once more.

Hello @Patrick_Perik,

Is the email you have registered for your Roon account your best contact email? We may need to reach out to Lyngdorf regarding this issue.

-John

[Hidden] is the best contact email.

Thank you for your effort.

Patrick

Hi @Patrick_Perik,

Thanks for letting us know the email address, I’ve let @john know and have hidden it on your post for privacy since the forum is sometimes monitored by spammers.

Is there any progress in this matter?

I`m just curious…

Hello @Patrick_Perik and @Hakon_Berg,

We have been unable to reproduce this issue with our in-house Lyngdorf TDAI-3400. Can you confirm the System, DSP, and HDMI versions that you are running? Does the issue occur when RoomPerfect is set to Bypass?

Screen Shot 2020-06-17 at 9.31.58 PM

-John

Dear John,

Thank you for the reply.

Current system version is 1.0.2, DSP 1.0.6a, HDMI 11.17 (again, since the update versions from the first firmware following 1.0.2, including dsp and hdmi updates, all produced the same problem. High res files also stopped playing in RP bypass mode.

I’m afraid this will be a hard one to solve. Nevertheless, in 1.0.2 it is all working fine and I don’t seem to ‘need’ the firmware update yet, since functionality remains intact for my setup. If 1.1.>0 becomes available I will certainly give it another shot.

I could live with the fact that we leave it at this for now. We might agree, that if future firmware updates are required for my setup, I will come back to you again?

Thanks for your efforts.

With kind regards,
Patrick

A post was split to a new topic: Lyngdorf TDAI-3400 (SW update 1.1.0)

Hello @Patrick_Perik,

The next time this issue occurs, could you please comment in this thread with the local time and the name of the track you were playing? We can then enable the support flag on your account and have your core upload logs to our servers.

-John

Dear John, thank you for your efforts. I however do not believe it is going to solve my problem. I will keep my Tdai3400 running on old firmware, since that is working fine. I find it too much of a hassle to go back and forth to firmware versions. I have bought the equipment for listening music, not trying to get it to work right. Imho It should do that by itself. I will try that again when lyngdorf comes with the firmware version beyond the current one. Again, thank you very much.

Kind regards,
Patrick

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.