The M1 24-in iMac running macOS 12.6 won’t install ROON 2.0.
I’m running Roon Core 1.8 (build 936) stable.
WHAT I DID TO PREPARE FOR INSTALL
- I deleted the ROON app icon in the dock
- I deleted the ROON app from the Applications folder
- I renamed the ROON folder in Libraries to ROON_OLD
- I downloaded the macOS all-in-one software from the 2.0 download page
- I re-entered all the login account info and all the Qobuz account into
- I’ve does this three times now, and each time the “new” software installed is the same at 1.8 (build 936) that was there before. No 2.0 software!
- When in Settings → About, the “This Mac” window status message tries to update itself from 1.8 (build 936), but I keep getting “There was an error checking for update” error message and nothing is updated.
- Why does the 2.0 download link keep loading 1.8?
- Why does the automatic update operation yield the “error checking for an update” error message
- How do I get 2.0 loaded and running on this iMac.