M3u playlists fail to import

Hello,

Running Roon Core on NUC with music stored on QNAP NAS. Roon sees my library fine but fails to recognise any paylists, either in the root of the watch folder or in a “playlists” sub folder. All referenced songs are in subfolders in the watched folder.

The playlists were created under Logitech media server and I have checked the file path in the playlist and it appears correct, tried a few changes to this such as move from / to .

Also compared against the file patch from Roon but this is the SMB mount name so doesn’t match anyway.

M3u file format below

#EXTINF:251,Cry Tough
/Qmultimedia/music/Compilations/Theme Time Radio Hour - With Your Host Bob Dylan/Theme Time Radio Hour - With Your Host Bob Dylan (disc 2)/Cry Tough.flac

I altered this to

#EXTINF:251,Cry Tough
/192.168.0.254/Qmultimedia/music/Compilations/Theme Time Radio Hour - With Your Host Bob Dylan/Theme Time Radio Hour - With Your Host Bob Dylan (disc 2)/Cry Tough.flac

and

//192.168.0.254/Qmultimedia/ etc

watched folder path
//192.168.0.254/Qmultimedia - music

I have also tried to find the playlists created under Roon to compare the formats but don’t seem to be able to access them through the Data share.

I have read most of the support articles but cannot get it to work…so any help appreciated.

Thanks

What do you see in Roon for this track if you go to Show File Info?

Thanks for responding Mike,

I see the storage location as \192.168.0.254\Qmultimedia - music

path to file

Compliations - Theme Time Radio Hour-With your host Bob Dylan - Theme Time Radio Hour-With your host bob dylan(disc2)-cry tough.flac

if I copy the file path out it looks like this

/roon/sys/storage/smbmounts/RoonStorage_e50dd6c06c83e499f49e7966437c95f65f592ab8/music/Compilations/Theme Time Radio Hour - With Your Host Bob Dylan/Theme Time Radio Hour - With Your Host Bob Dylan (disc 2)/Cry Tough.flac

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

I have now purchased and SSD to install on the NUC, any chance someone can provide me an example of the file path required on a local playlist?

Hi @Chris_Ratcliffe ---- Thank you for the continued feedback and more importantly, thank you for the patience here. My apologies for the delay.

In regard to your question about the required file path. There are a few different cases we support and we do our best to resolve all of them (the file paths that is). I would recommend having the paths be relative paths from the root of where the watch folder is. For example:

Album:
\Users\Eric\Music\ACDC\Back In Black\

Watch folder:
\Users\Eric\Music\

Playlist path:
.\ACDC\Back In Black\

-Eric

Thanks Eric,

Am in the process of copying over my music to the new drive and will test playlists soon.

ok, I now have this working, just a lot of text editing of old playlists to get them in the right format to do now.

#EXTM3U
#EXTINF:206,End Result
.\Jeffrey Lewis\12 Crass Songs\End Result.flac

Thanks for the help Eric.

Hi @Chris_Ratcliffe ---- Thank you for the follow up, I am pleased to hear the playlists are now working as expected.

Happy listening!
-Eric

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.