Mac air m1 as core

Very simple question. Running the core on a mac air m1 would it work if the laptop is asleep lid up and secondly asleep with the lid closed? Remote is an imac in the adjacent room. Having tried roon bridge on the mac air before it seemed to loose connection with the lid down but that was bridge not core.

In my experience you need to connect the Macbook to an external monitor, keyboard and mouse/trackpad for that to work. I’d suggest running the core on the iMac instead as that can be used even while asleep, but that seems to have broken with the last update at least for me and @Patrick_Beaman. Now it works as long as the iMac isn’t asleep.

Hi @musickid,

There have been changes from 1.8 to 2.0 where the Mac must be kept alive for it to properly function as a core. Your settings will be different but here’s the general idea of what it should look like when using as a core. Keep in mind, this is an M1 Mini so I won’t have any screen-closing options in my configuration.

Screen Shot 2022-10-18 at 4.49.48 PM

Wes

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.