Mac app consistently freezes when going back to Home after browsing

I can browse albums, etc., just fine but when I go back to Home, I get a mostly empty screen with a frozen Roon logo. The only thing I can do from here is force-quit. When I reopen the app, it luckily remembers the page I was on before going back, so it’s usable until I stupidly try to go to Home again.

This is on an Intel MacBook Pro running the latest macOS, connected to a core on a different machine. I’m sure this worked when I opened the app initially, and I must have actually gone back to the home page a few times because I clicked on the numbers at the top to check out the lists. But once it freezes, it always seems to freeze when I go back to the homepage.

1 Like

Hello @Robert_Kosara ,

Thanks for the report! Can we please ask that you reproduce the issue, note the exact local time + date of the occurrence and then use these instructions to send us a set of the Core and Roon Remote logs?

Okay, I’ve got the logs. Where should I send them? support@? Or is there a separate email for the beta?

Hi @Robert_Kosara ,

Are you still seeing this issue occurring on the latest stable release?
If so can you please upload logs to Dropbox / Google Drive / etc. and send me a link?

Oh send a message here you mean! Got it… sorry. And yes, same thing, it still freezes. Works fine on iOS, but the macOS app just freezes once it has connected.

1 Like

Hi @Robert_Kosara ,

Since the Mac is only a remote in this case, can you try to reinstall Roon on it?

• Make a Backup of your current Roon Database
  • Exit out of Roon
  • Navigate to your Roon’s Database Location
  • Find the folder that says “Roon”
  • Rename the “Roon” folder to “Roon_old”
  • Reinstall the Roon App from our Downloads Page to generate a new Roon folder

If that still does not resolve the issue, can you please upload logs?

Ah, that did it! I thought I had tried that. I just deleted the whole Roon folder in ~/Library and it immediately worked. Thanks!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.