Mac App Freezes When Window Reopened

Over the last couple of months I have been having trouble with the Roon app freezing and giving me the rotating rainbow on my Mac. It usually happens if I have closed the window (but not quit the app) and try to reopen it. Music still plays, but I often have to force quit and reopen for it to respond. I don’t have issues with iOS or iPadOS Roon apps running off the same Core. Updating and/or reinstalling the programme hasn’t worked to date.

Post in the support category and fill in the template you will be given about your system, network and issues.
Roon support don’t look here for issues.

I moved this to the Support area.

@Alexander_McAuley please fill in the standard list of items per the recommendation of @ged_hickman1 : Core information, network information, connected devices, track count, etc.

1 Like

Roon Core Machine

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Connected Audio Devices

Number of Tracks in Library

Description of Issue

1 Like

Hey @Alexander_McAuley,

Thank you for reaching out to us with your question. My apologies for the delayed response and for your wait. We’ve made some recent changes to the support team structure and some reports have experienced a longer response time than usual.

Since some time has passed I wanted to touch base to get your current status. We’ve recently addressed this issue on the newest Roon build (970) please update your core and devices and let me know if you still run into this issue. We’ll be watching for your reply and get back in touch as quickly as we can. Thanks! :+1:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.