Mac audio output device name not amending

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

iMac - Mac OS Mojave 10.14.6 - Roon vsn 1.6 build 475

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Connection over ethernet by way of devolo powerline adaptor.

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

B&W Formation Wedge

Description Of Issue

Setup was a breeze on Formation Wedge and I chose default name of ‘Den’ for zone name which also appeared in top audio menu of available audio devices on my iMac. I have now altered the zone name in Roon to ‘Music Room’ but the name in the top menu audio device list on the Mac refuses to change its name. There is no protocol I am aware of that allows me to manually adjust this name on the Mac. Clearly the Mac is not picking up the amended name from Roon. Routing sound from the Mac by selecting ‘Den’ still sends correctly to the Wedge speaker - its just not changed its name to ‘Music Room’. This is obviously a non-critical request but I like things right and if you have any constructive thoughts apart from the obvious restarts etc I’d love to hear them.

Hello @fallingforstars and welcome to the forum.

Altered zone names belong to the Roon application and are not visible outside of Roon.

Best would be to look up how to change the device name in your documentation for the Formation Wedge. Often it’s possible to do that in the software accompanying networked audio devices.

Thanks BJ. Consulting the Formation Wedge manual a ‘space’ can be named. I must have chosen the ‘Den’ name when setting up the Wedge and foolishly thought it came from the Roon software. Thanks again for your help.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.