Mac Mini "error checking for an update" (1.6)

I tried to install Roon (Mac OS) from your website today but got a warning that I already had a newer version installed! I don’t understand that msg or what I ought to do.

Thanks.

Hello @Pluto,

Thanks for confirming that the manual update did not work. I have taken a look at the diagnostics from your Core again and I am indeed seeing a failure to update from within the App.

The manual installation should have worked, but it appears that it does not for some reason. I have asked the QA team to review the error messages and I will let you know what they say regarding it.

Can you please post a screenshot of the error you receive when trying to manually install the new build of Roon? Are you certain that you are opening the newly downloaded Roon.dmg and not perhaps the older one you have saved on your OSX?

Thanks,
Noris

Hi @Pluto,

I just wanted to check in here with you and let you know that I have discussed with QA regarding the update issue and they have noted that it is best to perform a manual installation as mentioned before.

Can you share a screenshot of the message that you are presented with when trying to do a manual install? If you are presented with multiple options, such as skip or replace, I would try pressing the replace button and then confirming if the newest version of Roon is installed afterwards.

If things are still not working, please provide a screenshot, you can use these instructions to upload screenshots to community.

Thanks,
Noris

I selected the Blue Mac OS button.

I tried again, using the Mac/OS item from the list. Got the same warning, but I selected replace. Settings now report the latest version, Build 401.

Looks like we’re good. No idea how the dates became corrupted.

Thanks for your support. You’re the man.

Hi @Pluto,

Glad to hear that the manual installation was successful! Hope you have a great Roon experience with build 401 and thanks again for contacting support!

– Noris

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.