Mac Mini falls asleep during playback (Roon V1.5)

Hi @support!

This issue started only after the update to 1.5. The Mini is running without any screen, keyboard or mouse attached solely for the purpose of streaming to my Devialet.

My suspicion is that it is linked to the energy saving options set in OSX and that the new version behaves differently in this respect than the old one. Can you confirm this? If so, how can I change this without completely disabling power saving?

Best regards,

@AEB

Hi @AEB ----- Thank you for the post and sharing this observation you have made us, the insight is appreciated!

Moving forward, just to clarify some details here, is the Mini hosting your Roon core? My assumption is “yes” but please verify. Additionally, I would like to purpose the following to see if we can trigger a change in behavior with your setup:

1. Please create a backup of your Roon DB.

2. Reinstall the application on the Mini and then restore from the created backup.

3. Does the machine exhibit the behavior?

-Eric

Hi @eric:

Indeed, the Mini is hosting the Roon core. I’m not sure what resolved the problem: The multiple reboots (including a complete shutdown for a while) or the procedures as suggested by you.

For the time being, I can gladly state that I can again listen to music without interruption. In case I’ll manage to trace in more detail what did do the job, I’ll let you know.

Meanwhile, many thanks for your prompt support!

@AEB

1 Like