Mac Mini Security Update followed by lost connection to roon remote

Thank you Slim…
I actually found your reference, but wasn’t sure. Your reference confirms for me.
With appreciation,
Richard

Dear Greg,
Thank you. Before I removed roon and RAAT Server, each identified as an option in the Firewall allowed to connect, I expected to find the actual program. But now with you overview of what may occur or what may be needed, I have advanced notice of what options to take should the need arise. I wish that as with some features a “?” accompanies something new or something unfamiliar. Still no excuse to overlook the greyed-out Norton Security header at the top of the window. Thank you and Slim for your patience with me. I get that Norton is serious about protecting its clients when sharing XXXXX operations. But then I always learn more from when things go wrong (in a sense) than when they go right. In this case, Norton was protecting me.
With appreciation,
Richard

A good piece of information for all users actually. Security softwares, like Norton, AVG in my case, can have updates which “reset” your security exceptions and make you “re-exception” them again. Sometimes, you click through without reading, sometimes you say NO because you thought it was already an exception.

Hello @REShaman,

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you here, and glad to hear that you have been able to track down the issue to Norton accidentally blocking Roon and have resolved it.

As @Rugby mentioned, we have sometimes seen Antivirus or Firewall blocking applications add Roon to the list of unautorized apps, even some very common ones such as Windows Firewall have exhibited this behavior in the past.

While we always strive to do our best in terms of providing a straight-forward Roon installation and experience, sometimes external variables can be detrimental to this process (as you have just seen).

Either way, I’m glad that you were able to sort this issue out with Norton’s help and do feel free to reach out to us again if there are any additional issues in the future!

Thanks,
Noris

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.