MAC - minimize Roon on startup

Hi!

I am running Roon on OS X (Yosemite) and am also running Kodi (XBMC). I have both set to start at login, and have Roon set to ´hide´, as I want Kodi to be the main thing on screen. However, it seems that Roon refuses to hide or stay minimised once it´s started. Is there is a fix to this ?

Thanks!

Hi,

I have exactly the same question. Well, without Kodi, as I do not have in autostart at login.
With roon, even if I select “Minimize”, the main window always pop up at login.

Any idea why?
I’m using Mac OSX Mojave 10.14.6 and Roon 1.6 (build 416) 64 bit.

Francesco

Also have the same problem. Weird that this hasn’t been addressed yet.

This is an old thread, but I’m curious to know the use case. The Roon desktop app is a primarily Control. As such, it’s not very useful if it’s minimized.

If you’re using the desktop app as Core or Output, perhaps it makes more sense to install Roon Server or Roon Bridge (but not both).

1 Like

Computer is acting as a Core. I’m using an iPad in the other room with the stereo for control.

Migraine your Roon database to Roon Server. That’s what it’s for. You will be happy

1 Like

This is an issue that needs fixing by Roon. The hide is a suggestion that Roon is not honoring. Change the title of the thead to [Bug]

Yes, this is most certainly a bug. There is no ratio for Roon to ignore a system command by the user. Really annoying. Must be a cinch to repair though. Hope they do it.