Mac OS Catalina - how to import iTunes playlists

Hello @Barry_Skingle,

This is expected behavior here since introducing the Music app. Roon requires the iTunes .XML to import playlists, since generating the .XML is a manual operating now with the new Music app, you will need to sync it manually, unfortunately I don’t have better news for you here.

I do not understand

IF Audirvana Plus can import the playlists automatically from Music app WHY NOT “ROON”???

FYI Audirvana got this functionality 3 months back.

MAy be you you should take help from them

1 Like

HI @Dilip_Sreshta,

Thanks for the feedback here. Since this appears to be “working as designed” I would recommend also posting your suggestion in the 'feature request" section of the site.

Our product team and developers keep a close eye on that category, so that’s definitely the best place to propose a change like this and get feedback from the Community.

A post was split to a new topic: Can’t import iTunes XML

Hi, i reinstalled Mojave . Catalina sucks .
Sorry for the rudeness .
As others stated here , just setup a machine for test purposes .
If its not working … take a step back .
Never update live systems .

If anybody needs a 2012 Mac Mini for testing and lives in 230V land, I have 4 of them to spare .
For free, just for shipment costs , all working , no warranty .
Rgds hpb

Hello @Dilip_Sreshta,

I wanted to reach out and let you know that we released Roon 1.7 Build 571, which includes some improvements that we believe should help here. Please give the update a try and let us know if it helps!

You can read the full release notes here:

Thanks,
Roon Support