Mac OS installation of Roon not working

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
Mid 2012 MacBook Pro 15’ 2.6 GH quad core i7 /16gb ram
Mac OS 10.15.7

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)
Ethernet

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Description Of Issue
Installed successfully the Roon core. When it opens, initially I can see it’s starting to process my music collection, however within 15 seconds the Roon core shuts down.

Any ideas?
Thanks

Sorry for the trouble here, @Nickh!

Did you try the additional macOS install instructions here?

If so, and that resulted in no change, would you kindly use the directions found here and send us over a set of logs using a shared Dropbox link?

Thanks!

Hi Dylan,
Thanks - I did follow and ran all the MacOS instal striations.

Here are the logs - I was wondering if my processor is too old?

1 Like

Hi @Nickh,

Thanks for sending those logs over, but these appear to be from a Roon Remote instance, not Core logs.

Are you running RoonServer + RoonUI on the same machine? When this issue occurs, does RoonServer continue to run as expected if so and just the UI crashes?

RoonServer should be in the taskbar as a background application. Please let me know the above and also send RoonServer logs for review, they should be in a similar folder under RoonServer/Logs.

Hi @noris

Loaded the server logs, link below. If I use have the server running as a background app and try and connect via an IOS app - it connects and then loses connection. The server is unresponsive.

Thanks,

1 Like

Hi @Nickh,

Thanks for sending those Core logs and for your patience while I had a chance to review.

This is strange, I am seeing Roon try to extract the following folder + file multiple times in your log:

/Users/nhmacbookpro/Music/iTunes/iTunes Media/Music/Jazz Jamaica All Stars/Double Barrel/
/Users/nhmacbookpro/Music/iTunes/iTunes Media/Music/Lemon Jelly/Lost Horizons/02 Space Walk.m4a

Can you please move this folder + file out of your watched storage location (so that Roon does not scan it) and try to run the server again?

Note, don’t delete these files just yet because if they are the cause of the issues I would kindly like to request them for QA purposes.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.