Mac OS Mojave 10.14 .6 Not supported

Roon Core Machine

I have just rejoined Roon after a gap of a few months but can no longer down load the Roon software as it is saying that my Mac os is no longer supported .
If this is case i should have my suscripetriin returned
Help please?
best wishes
Robert

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Connected Audio Devices

Number of Tracks in Library

Description of Issue

Roon 2.0 on Mac requires macOS 10.15 or newer:

You were probably running Roon 1.8 before you left Roon.

If you wish to continue with your current MacOS, then you will need to install Roon 1.8 Legacy. Links are here:

1 Like

Gosh Geoff. Thanks I’ll give your link a try .

Best wishes

Geoff can I just down load from the link entitled Roon server which looks easy ?
Best wishes
Robert

How much long can I expect to continue macOS 10.15 ? (Catalina) ?

If your mac is at least late-2012 you should be fine. Older than that you might want to look into a newer mac anyway.

(My 2012 Mini runs 10.15.7 Catalina – and roon 2.0 – no problem)

I have a late 2012 mini, and a mid 2012 MBP. The work just fine, I bought a more recent MBP but presently it is a door stop.

If Roon Server is what you were running previously, then that is the link to use.

Geoff thanks .
I have clicked the link to my Mac Book and down loaded the resulting software .
But I can’t open the program . So I am not sure what next?

If you have any suggestions i would be most grateful
Best wishes
Robert

robert

When you say you “can’t open the program” - is it running? Roon Server does not have a user interface component - it runs in the background. It provides the Roon Core and the audio output components of Roon.

Geoff . I dragged the Roon legacy file into the applications folder on my macBook and now in the applications folder there is the Roon logo entitled Roon server . Usually one double clicks this logo to open the program . When I double click the only thing that happens is that the Roon logo appears in the menu bar at the top of the screen.
If I click on that a menu screen appear with 3 headings:
Roon status ------ which is faint
Launch at start up ------- which is bold
Quit -------- which is bold.
I don’t think the program is running.

Best wishes
Robert

Yes, it is running - as I say, Roon Server does NOT have a user interface.

Are you sure that you were using Roon Server previously? It sounds to me as though you had Roon (the all-in-one package that includes the Core, Control [UI] and Output components) previously.

Geoff . I do not think that the program can be running as on my iPhone roon app it has invited me to choose my roon core but it cannot find my roon core even though my mac book is on .
I think that when I cancelled my roon subscription 6 months ago I also deleted the roon software that I was then using . I don’t know if that males a difference to your guidance ?
Best wishes
Robert

Look, you said:

When I double click the only thing that happens is that the Roon logo appears in the menu bar at the top of the screen.
If I click on that a menu screen appear with 3 headings:
Roon status ------ which is faint
Launch at start up ------- which is bold
Quit -------- which is bold.

These are clear indications that the Roon Server program is running. I have Roon Server installed on one of my Windows PCs, and this is what I see when it is running:

Is there nothing showing up in the “Choose your Roon Core” screen on your iPhone? You should be seeing something like this, with the Core of your Roon Server showing (I have two Cores available, one is on my ROCK/NUC system, the other being in the Roon Server running on Windows 10).

If you are not seeing the Core, are you sure that your iPhone is in the same IP network address range as your Mac? What are the IP addresses of these two devices?

Thank you Geoff . I will have to looking to this for I am not great at tec and whilst i understand the term IP addresses I am not sure where to found these numbers on either my iPhone, Mac book or Cambridge net work streamer .
I have to go out to walk dog now and will revert to you a bit later .
I am not getting your last screen shot . just a screen saying “looking for your Roon Core” which should be my Mac Book.
I am grateful for your helpful replies .
Best wishes
Robert

Dear Geoff. I am delighted to be able to inform you that I have got Roon up and running. Of course all of your guidance has been spot and the difficulties have been down to operator error, ie me !
Thank you so much for you patient support . Spot on .
I am delighted to be able to give this software a second chance .
With best wishes
Robert

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.