Mac OS Roon Client not seeing local audio devices

Roon Core Machine

Ubuntu 20.04 LTS (GNU/Linux 5.4.0-48-generic x86_64)
Roon version 1.8 (build 831)

Roon Client Machine

Mac OS 11.4
Roon version 1.8 (build 831)

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Eeros wifi

Connected Audio Devices

Chord M Scaler over USB

Number of Tracks in Library

Description of Issue

Roon running as a client on my Mac has stopped seeing any local audio devices. Here is what is available on my Mac:

And here is what is in Roon on my Mac:

It does have my networked devices (an ELAC Discovery and an Apple TV) as well as the audio out from the Core itself. When I plug the M Scaler into the Core it shows up there and is usable but a) that is not a long term solution and b) sounds awful compared to my Macbook Pro’s USB out. (As an aside I should probably get a proper network streamer someday but I’d rather not get one simply because Roon is broken.)

I have tried wiping my local Roon install on the Mac – removing ~/Library/Roon and reinstalling the app. And that didn’t do anything. This was working properly up until probably a week or two ago based on my Roon usage stats:

I love Roon and would love to get this working again. Please let me know what other info would be helpful.

Hi @JD_M,

Were there any changes to your Mac around that time? Any new software that might be preventing the connection (VPN, antivirus)? Maybe an update?

Hi @dylan. There were no major os upgrades. No anti-virus or network changes. Roon on my Mac is able to connect to my Roon Core fine and control playback to other devices.

I upgraded to Roon 1.8 build 831 around that time (release date 9/21 around when the issues started). I don’t recall it breaking immediately after upgrade but it is possible. Is there somewhere I can download build 814 to see if downgrading works?

Hi @JD_M, Downgrading isn’t supported, but I’d be happy to take a look at logs and see if there is more information we can find there. Can you please use the directions found here and send over a set of logs to our File Uploader? Thanks!

Uploaded! ten characters

Things have started working again. Not sure why but I’ll take it.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.