Core Machine

NUC 8 i5 16gb RAM

Network Details

TP-Link WiFi 6 AX3000 router, NUC on ethernet

Audio Devices

USB to DAC
Trying to use MAC for playback from NUC core

Description of Issue

Can’t access my core via roon software running on mac OS on my macbook air. I am able to access via iphone app and android tablet. I’ve added ROON to the firewall exceptions. When I click “configure Roon OS devices on the network” it shows the web address of my core. But I still can’t get past “looking for your Roon Core” search.

Are you sure you are on the correct WiFi network?

Try the firewall off on Mac settings

Apologies for the delay, @Jesse_Pemstein! Our team’s queue is longer than typical at the moment, but we’re working to get back to everyone as quickly as we can.

Are you still having issues here?

Is there any difference in how your MacBook is connected compared to your iPhone or Android?

No difference. The only thing I can think of is that I used to house my Core on the macbook, before migrating to the NUC. But my pc laptop can connect via WiFi, Mac just doesn’t connect. I’ve tried to reinstall Roon software and update to latest version, but no luck.

All devices need to be on the same subnet so they all should have ip addresses with the same 3 first numbers ie 192.168.1.xxx

Hey @Jesse_Pemstein,

Thanks for engaging on our community website and for wanting to find a solution. I was wondering if since then this issue has been resolved. Could you still use our help? :nerd_face:

This topic was automatically closed after 45 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.