MacBook on 1.7 sluggish

Hi @Yargi_Erel,

I got some feedback from the development team and they’ve provided some feedback. Generally, using Discrete Only is going to give you better performance, so that explains why things are working better with that setting.

One thing that might help us better understand the issue is to install the Intel Power Gadget and share some screenshots of the GFX Frequency line when this issue is occurring. The screenshot would look like this:

Thanks!

Hi @dylan,
Please find the graph you requested below:

Throughout the recording of above metrics, I have been doing steady, repeating scrolling on an album page (with album description and tracks) and it has stuttered continuously. Above was with the GPU preference in “Dynamic Switching” mode.

Below is the same behaviour with the Discrete mode selected, just incase you need a comparison on resource usage:

Thanks,
Yargi

Thanks, @Yargi_Erel!

I’ll get this over to the team so they can take a look. Please note that, due to the holidays, queue times may be a bit longer than typical.

Hi @Yargi_Erel,

I spoke with the team investigating this issue, and they’re hoping you can provide another screenshot like above. This time, they’re hoping that you can start Roon but leave it idle without and scrolling or use of the UI so they can compare it to the previous screenshot that you sent.

Thanks!

A post was split to a new topic: Mac sluggish since update

Hi @dylan,

Unfortunately I lost my Macbook pro due to a logic board failure over the new year and decided not to get it fixed it as repair cost was too high for a product of its age.
While I believe there may still be a code issue with Roon (as the behaviour was not present in v1.6) I will not be able to continue providing input for you guys on this specific topic.

Thanks for all your help until now,

Sorry to hear that, @Yargi_Erel! I’ll let the team know and they’ll continue the investigation on our end. Please feel free to reach out with any other questions or issues.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.