MacBook pro not connecting

I was running a Mac mini as a roon sever a MacBook pro as the full roon and an iPad as a remote. As of Saturday my MacBook pro will no longer see the roon server just waiting for remote core.

I have rebooted everything and allowed roon to take control on both computers. The remote Mac can access the iTunes library on the mini and can stream the mac mini and its own smaller library to all airplay devices.

I have also added another iPad and it sees the core/ server right away. I have checked IP etc and its all good.

Please help

James

Thanks for reaching out, @James_Mellor!

So we can better assist you, please describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so we can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.

Please also verify the following:

• Is there any active antivirus or firewall on the Core machine?
  • Were there any changes to your networking setup around the time that this occurred, or any new software in use that may affect the network (VPN, Antivirus, etc.)?

Thanks,
Dylan

Hi Dylan,

The MacOS was updated Saturday I checked the fire wall and on the laptop incoming messages from Roon where blocked while they where open on the Core mini I unblocked them and now everything is running fine.

Thanks for the help.

James

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.