Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
MacOS Catalina, 16GB RAM.
Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)
Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)
Description Of Issue
When I open Roon Remote (v 1.7 build 610), my macbook pro screen becomes unresponsive. The screen gives me process hit windows desktop feeling. This is really annoying! Please help. I have checked that the CPU and RAM usage are 15% (Roon takes 6%) and 65% (Roon takes about 500MB) respectively. I am seeing this behaviour recently. Can you please help?
Welcome to the community, @Moh!
Just to confirm:
- Does this happen every time Roon is launched?
- Is it just Roon that is frozen or is your entire Mac frozen?
- Does this eventually go away, or do you have to close Roon / Reboot for it to stop?
- Did this work for you previously, or is this a new install?
Thanks for your questions. My response:
- Does this happen every time Roon is launched? - Yes
- Is it just Roon that is frozen or is your entire Mac frozen? - Yes
- Does this eventually go away, or do you have to close Roon / Reboot for it to stop? - It goes away as soon as I quit Roon
- Did this work for you previously, or is this a new install? - Yes. It used to work well previously. I saw this issue occasionally earlier, but did not find the need to report. But now it’s almost every time. This is generating distress against the software.
Looking forward for the resolution.
I think the next step here is to enable some diagnostics on your account so our technical staff can get some more insight into what’s going on here.
However, before I enable this feature, I’d like to ask for your help ensuring we gather the right information.
First, can you please reproduce the issue once more and note the time at which the problem occurs. Then respond here with that time, and I’ll make sure we review the diagnostics related to that timestamp.
@dylan I just enabled Roon and experienced the issue. The start time is 11:27 AM CEST.
I have enabled diagnostics on your account so our technical staff can get some more insight into what’s going on here. The next time your Core is active a diagnostics report will automatically be generated and uploaded directly to our servers
Once that’s been received, I’ll be sure to update this thread and pass the diagnostics over to the team for further analysis.
Hello @Moh, I enabled diagnostic for your MacBook Pro but it looks like your device hasn’t made a connection to our servers since then. Could you please use the directions found here and send us over a set of logs using a shared Dropbox link.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.