Networking Gear & Setup Details

BT Smart Hub 2
Zen Mini is connected by ethernet to a BT satellite disc

Connected Audio Devices

Naim Mu-so QB connected by wifi

Number of Tracks in Library

15,000 tracks in library

Description of Issue

My MacBook Pro is stuck on Roon 1.8 (build 898)
Whenever I launch Roon, I can see ā€˜An update is ready to be downloaded. Click here to install.ā€™
When I do that, the download happens (from the look of the progress bar) then Roon quits but does not relaunch.
On reopening Roon I am back to square one, being told that an update is ready to downloadā€¦
My iPad pro and Zen Mini Roon Core are updating fine.
In fact, Roon is working fine on my MacBook Pro - but I assume it wonā€™t forever if itā€™s stuck on a software version that it canā€™t update.

I hope Iā€™ve given you enough information to work with. Let me know if you need anything else.

Thanks

Gary

Rather than go through a bunch of troubleshooting steps it might be best to try re-installing Roon using the latest version.

You can download the image from our website:

Download for macOS

Just open the disk image and drag the Roon app to your applications folder. No need to uninstall the old version as youā€™ll be prompted to choose what you want to do. Select ā€œReplaceā€ and you should be good to go.

2 Likes

Andrew - thanks very much, a simple, effective solution, and one I guess I should have tried myself first. I just thought there might be some underlying problem that was sabotaging updates. I suppose Iā€™ll find out when the next build is released.

Please do let us know if you have problems with the next update, but Iā€™m suspecting that something in 898 wasnā€™t willing to let go :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.