Networking Gear & Setup Details

BT Smart Hub 2
Zen Mini is connected by ethernet to a BT satellite disc

Connected Audio Devices

Naim Mu-so QB connected by wifi

Number of Tracks in Library

15,000 tracks in library

Description of Issue

My MacBook Pro is stuck on Roon 1.8 (build 898)
Whenever I launch Roon, I can see ‘An update is ready to be downloaded. Click here to install.’
When I do that, the download happens (from the look of the progress bar) then Roon quits but does not relaunch.
On reopening Roon I am back to square one, being told that an update is ready to download…
My iPad pro and Zen Mini Roon Core are updating fine.
In fact, Roon is working fine on my MacBook Pro - but I assume it won’t forever if it’s stuck on a software version that it can’t update.

I hope I’ve given you enough information to work with. Let me know if you need anything else.

Thanks

Gary

Rather than go through a bunch of troubleshooting steps it might be best to try re-installing Roon using the latest version.

You can download the image from our website:

Download for macOS

Just open the disk image and drag the Roon app to your applications folder. No need to uninstall the old version as you’ll be prompted to choose what you want to do. Select “Replace” and you should be good to go.

2 Likes

Andrew - thanks very much, a simple, effective solution, and one I guess I should have tried myself first. I just thought there might be some underlying problem that was sabotaging updates. I suppose I’ll find out when the next build is released.

Please do let us know if you have problems with the next update, but I’m suspecting that something in 898 wasn’t willing to let go :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.