macOS Catalina interface laggy randomly while running Roon (High GPU usage randomly, Roon idle 20% GPU, sometimes up to 99% usage) [Resolved in Roon 1.8]

Hi @noris, guys, I think I found kind of an implementation that will make this issue less painful at least for me and other users running the core in the high GPU usage affected Mac.

I backed up Roon DB > removed Roon completely > downloaded Roon Server for Mac, Bridge and Roon > Proceeded with the install:

1-Roon server.
2-Roon bridge.
3-Roon to have an interface.

This way when the high GPU usage occurs I do not have to recycle Roon completely, I will just do command Q to close the interface, but Roon Server and bridge will continue working in the background, meaning the music will continue playing:

Looks like this approach will help as well with the crazy CPU usage many users report, before this change my Roon was using 300% of CPU, now check this out 2%, 4%… and has been running since yesterday without having to reboot the Mac. This quarantine/lockdown is driving me crazy :smiley:

Definitively the GPU issue in the interface for these Macs still has to be fixed, it just happened.

1 Like