macOS High Sierra: media keys and now playing [Answered]

Hi. I’m new to Roon, and I’m running it on a Macbook Pro (non-touch bar) running macOS High Sierra (10.13.2). I have a small issue and a feature request. If I reboot my Mac & start using Roon and then try to use the media keys to control it, it keeps opening iTunes instead even when Roon is in focus. Oddly, I think I found a workaround for now. If I open Audirvana and then quit it, the media keys start working in Roon both when it’s in focus and when it’s not. Maybe somehow Audirvana is wrenching media key control away from the default iTunes? I haven’t tried it with anything else that tends to take control of the media keys in High Sierra like other media apps or videos in Safari yet.

Also, it would be great if you could add support for the new Now Playing Today screen widget in the notifications center. :slight_smile: Actually, I wonder if this might be related to my issue with the media keys.

Thanks!

iTunes highjacks those keys on reboot. I think the iTunes helper app is to blame, not sure. So, start with removing it from the login items.

I removed iTunes Helper from my login items, and that seems to have done the trick. Thanks! :slight_smile: