Main duplicate artists all over the place

Hey,

I am new to Roon and over all I am loving it - I am not having a moan so stay with me - but…

The metadata issues are driving me nuts and there is no way to fix it.I am having a major issues with artist variations.

For example, A Silver Mt. Zion

There are 4 name variations for the band:
A Silver Mt. Zion
Thee Silver Mt. Zion Memorial Orchestra
Thee Silver Mt. Zion Memorial Orchestra & Tra-La-La Band
Thee Silver Mountain Reveries

I wouldn’t mind if they were consistent but at the moment I have two artist listed but three of the artist names are clickable to navigate to view the albums. Not all albums, even through they have the same artist variation name, is displayed in each view. So it is essentially impossible to see their albums in one view.

Then there is the issues with the fact that sometimes the band’s name is wrong with makes it all worse (e.g. Silver Mt. Zion, The Silver Mt. Zion Memorial Orchestra)

I am also having the same issues with Art Blakey and the various versions of Art Blakey & the Jazz Messengers - some are linked and clickable, some are not, and I can’t view all the albums in one view (and I see to be missing a few!)

I have tried to fix a few of them but have mostly been unsuccessful due to not being able to edit the key fields and links.

I have seen that a new version is coming soon - 1.3 - which includes extra editing features.

Will I be able to fix all these issues with 1.3?

Best Regards,

Guy

One word: yes.

1 Like

WOOHOO

That’s made my day :smiley: