Make signal path lossless for devices running BluOS

Yes, in some (most?) instances. For example, the Pulse Flex (a single speaker), and most likely other Bluesound devices, enhance bass etc., and when combined, provide stereo or 5.1.

So, is it such a surprise these small plastic powered speaker enclosures and sound bars use DSP? The latest models even state that they have a “smart DSP amplifier”.

1 Like

Hi @Wes

Thanks for taking the time to reply. It’s much appreciated :beers:

Maybe you guys can convince the team over at Bluesound to remove that step.

I know it’s not degrading the sound but my OCD is bugging me.

Also noticed earlier in the thread I nicked the signal path photo for the Rose from that there was an update today which completely removed the EQ and amplifier step from its signal path :grin:

Maybe us running BluOS will also be lucky at some point.

Thanks again Wes :metal:t2:

1 Like

Uh, what’s a “not an analog amp”?

The NAD which is a digital amplifier. Digital in my book being the opposite of analog.

But I don’t wish to be “educated” nor enter into a debate.

I would appreciate if you’d left this one be.

Thank you.

2 Likes

Alright gentlemen, enough. These remarks are not called for - particularly in a Support thread.

NAD state:

A high-performance Class D solution first employed in NAD Masters’ flagship amplifiers, HybridDigital™ takes the best of digital and analogue amplification technologies to deliver the accuracy and detail that digital amplifiers are known for without losing the heart and emotion of analogue amplifiers. Conservatively rated at 100 watts per channel and with a sophisticated DAC on board, the M10 can drive nearly any high-end speaker to reproduce the full frequency and dynamic range of your favourite music without noise or distortion.

Let that be an end to it.

1 Like

It’s hybrid actually Digital preamp then class D analogue to power the speakers. The D in Class D does not stand for Digital.

3 Likes

I have the nad c700. It’s a streaming amp. It’s not a speaker or a sound bar. So yes, I think I would be surprised.

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.