Make Tidal less intrusive

As I mentioned in the original post, I like Tidal for radios, but not for albums. Yes, I can enable Tidal when I want a radio of Tidal selections and then disable it again, but it sure would be nice if there were an easier way to do it. A setting that lets me choose to see only my albums everywhere by default without having to go to a focus would pretty much do it.

Doh! A little bit hidden, but it’s there, all right. I thought this was what the OP was looking for, but I see it’s not, so I guess I don’t understand the precise nature of his complaint.

No worries :slight_smile:

I think he would like to see only tidal albums which he has added to his library, otherwise keep them in a separate section altogether.

1 Like

That’s what I want too, sometimes I don’t want to explore, but I want to see the tidal albums that I have added to my library, really miss not having that opportunity.
I recently became a lifetime member, but this one part of Roon I really dislike, as I dislike having to choose album to play all, sometimes one wants to just click once for playing track 5 onwards, like one would do with a record or cd, why invent the wheel again, Roon could be the best program ever, if it just would let the user have more interface choices.

Agree with u. I use tags also to define albums and its even more longwinded there. Menu-tags-click tag-click play album-click play.

It is a bone of contention. Just play the darned music already! :grinning:

This too is already in Roon. From the album page, click the 3 dots to the right of any track and you will see the option Play from here.

This is the normal behavior, what I do.

1. In the Album view I see Tidal albums I have added to the library.
  2. In other views, like Artist, Main albums (local as well as Tidal added to library) are shown first, and then Tidal in a separate group, deliberated by being on a black background where my library albums are on a white background.
  3. In Search, local results (Artists, Albums, Tracks) are shown on a tab separate from Tidal results.

None of this seems intrusive.

What else would you like?

Note that there is some setting somewhere that mixes in Tidal stuff. I forget what it is, it included Tidal recommended collections. Can somebody point out how to get rid of it?

No disrespect to the OP, some people are just never happy.
While I don’t care for Tidal, it certainly doesn’t get in my way. Your description of Roon with respect to Album, Artist and search results seems intuitive enough.

I mean some people don’t like something and they automatically assume everybody does not like it too. What the @Vince_DF is suggesting (and I’ve seen others complaining about other things in different threads) is to take away things they don’t like notwithstanding whether others love the feature.

No, it is not intrusive (and this coming from someone who don’t care much for streaming). There are choices. Some people like it. Those who can’t stand it just deactivate your Tidal account. Simple. There are a host of other things to improve in Roon, and petty things like this should not be center stage.

1 Like

Adding Tidal collections will create a corresponding Tag. So just call up the tag to select the albums to delete them and the Collection…?

yes or long press the track, but then it’s still 3 clicks to get music playing, either way :slight_smile:

I guess this is the last time I ask to have an option added.

1 Like

Instead of just enable/disable, an extra radio-only option might be a solution in your case.

But why would you want to avoid tidal? In your library you’ll only see albums you have added and Roon will play the best quality by default. In the rest of the screens your own content is shown first, and tidal follows only for the albums you don’t have.

I understand it’s unnecessary to show other versions when you already have CD quality though, and the distinction between library artists and tidal artists might be unnecessary as Roon clearly has the power to know they are the same. I think that is the only area where I think it’s too cluttered.

Hi @Vince_DF,
Not at all, you should ask … some will like it, some will not … some will offer ways that may be a good alternative.
However, as the old saying goes … “if you don’t ask, you don’t get”.

You have to be prepared to clarify and expand on the request mind so it’s clear to the Roon team what you are looking for.

1 Like

There is an easy way to show you all your Tidal albums you have imported in your Roon database.
Got to Focus --> inspector --> storage locations --> Tidal library. Now all Tidal albums are shown. Next step, make a bookmark from this view and from now on it is accessibel with one click from your bookmark menu.
Also easy for viewing only your own albums without the Tidal content.

[quote=“Sjef_van_de_Ven, post:35, topic:25344, full:true”]
There is an easy way to show you all your Tidal albums you have imported in your Roon database.
Got to Focus --> inspector --> storage locations --> Tidal library. [/quote]
The alternative route to the same goal is Focus --> Format --> Tidal. One step less.

But still too many steps! Why not have a toggle switch for that?

But two clicks instead of one! For me, Roon sometimes seams like “clickbate” )))

You only do it once because you create a bookmark for the results - effectively a toggle.

And once you’ve created a bookmark for Tidal albums, it will get dynamically updated as you add or remove Tidal albums.

Alternatively, if you don’t want to see Tidal albums in your library, you could create a bookmark for all non-Tidal albums. Just go Focus --> Format --> Tidal, and click the green Tidal tag to turn it red (NOT-Tidal), and create your bookmark now for all non-Tidal albums.

And of course, you only need to create one of these bookmarks, because once you’ve called up a bookmark (let’s say it’s the “All Tidal Albums” bookmark), you can simply toggle the TIDAL Focus selection at the top of the album display to switch views.

1 Like