Making music in one folder primary

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

ROCK latest

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Netgear CM1000, NUC i3 with 16 and 256 internal rom drive

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

endpoints are Nexum Tunebox 2s and 3s

Description Of Issue

I am migrating from iTunes to my NUC based Roon solution which includes re-ripping all of my music into lossless. So at this point I am 250 albums into the migration so I have 250 duplicate albums. Roon assumes the original source is primary. I have gone in an changes a handful using the versions tab but this is going to take a long time! Is there a way to make the folder primary or the latest ripped primary? This is the most likely scenario, if there are 2 copies the most recently ripped is likely the primary given there is a reason they re-ripped…

Why wouldn’t you just delete the lossy rips as you add the lossless rips???

1 Like

Hi @Todd_Haugen,

No, it is not possible to set the primary version based on latest import date or based on format.

One option is to rip these files into a different watched folder entirely and then, once you’ve finished, use the instructions found here in our KB to move from the old watched folder to the new one with the improved rips.

If you have any questions about this please let us know!

That does not work as I am migrating from one rip to another so every day I rip a few more into the new format and quality. I can have doubles and wait until the end then delete everything from the old directory but the issue is when you make a play list of you forget to check for versions before you add you accidentally add the old version. Seems simple enough to allow one storage location to have precedence over other storage locations. Anyway, thanks for the answer…

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.