Management library of Qobuz + external hard disk. Duplicates?

Hello,

So far I have been using Roon only to manage my Qobuz account. I also have 1000+ albums on a external hard disk and many of those albums are duplicated in Qobuz favorites. I hesitate to have Roon scanning my external hard disk as I fear to mess up my library due to the many duplicates.

Would it be ok to have hundreds of albums duplicated in Qobuz and as files on a disk?

In case I let Roon scan my external hard disk but I connect it only occasionally to my Roon Core, what would happen? How would Roon identity the “missing albums” once the hard disk is not connected?

thanks!

Hi @Bped,

That isn’t a problem at all. Lots of Roon users do this, for a variety of reasons. There are ways to hide duplicate files so you only see one version, or both versions if you wish.

The best thing to do here would be to go into Settings>Storage and “Disable” (under the three dots) that watched folder. Roon won’t be looking for your files there. If you don’t do this, you’ll get a message about the album/track not being found if you click on it. You can identify if that is the problem by going to Settings>Library Maintainence>Clean Up Library and you’ll see the number of files associated with either a missing or disabled storage location.

All clear, thanks a lot! I will try that

+++ I post again here, hopefully Roon staff can give advice++

I hesitate to have Roon scanning my external hard disk (1000+ albums) as I fear to mess up my Roon Qobuz-based library due to the many duplicates.

1. Would it be ok to have hundreds of albums duplicated in Qobuz and as files on a an external hard disk?

2. In case 1) is ok, may I disconnect the external hard disk and connect it only occasionally to my Roon Core? Would this create problems to the Roon library (“ghost albums”)?

I seem to have read a post warning about this hence my post to request advice.

thanks!

Hi K’ve merged your post and moved the whole topic to the #support category of the forum.

@support will follow this up for you.

case solved thanks. I have to say that I am amazed by the efficiency of your support. Great job!

1 Like