Manual "Identify Album" Not Working Most of the Time

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Mac OS 10.14.6, DB is on hardware RAID 0 2xSSD; all drives check out fine. Mac Pro Trashcan, dual 700/32GB RAM. 12 TB of music or so. Music files are on 7200 RPM drives in an ARECA RAID enclosure attached via Thunderbolt 2. All drives online and reporting no problems. Roon 1.7 (571)

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Network is Netgear Orbi RBR50 Router with 2 satellites which are equipped with Ethernet backhaul. This also occurs when the only connections are Ethernet hardwired.

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Mac mini via Ethernet

Description Of Issue

When I click it, I get an almost empty screen with a pink banner. See this screen cap video.

Remediation attempts:

Restarted Roon
Restarted Core machine
Restarted all network devices
Went for a walk and then tried it all again.

Any thoughts?

You could type in the artist/album manually. But if this is happening for most of your albums then there’s something going wrong with the app/your internet connection.

Ping and Jitter at 1ms on a 1 Gbps connection. No Internet connectivity issues I can find.

Hi @Andrew_Webb,

Can you please send me a set of your Roon Core logs by using these instructions?

Here you go, @noris.

1 Like

Thanks for sending those over @Andrew_Webb. Looking over the logs, it does indeed appear to be a network issue:

07/27 20:43:50 Warn: Error in web request NetworkError (Error: SecureChannelFailure (Unable to write data to the transport connection: The socket is not connected.))

Are you using the latest firmware on the Orbi?
Any network changes since this was working vs now?

I am using the latest fimware. The only change to the network was switching all devices to use the Cloudflare DNS, but that happened before this problem arose. Should I switch back to Google’s DNS?

1 Like

Hi @Andrew_Webb,

Yes I would try switching back to Google or try Quad9 (quad9.com).

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.