Many albums scrambled together in large artist library - unable to play

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

UnRaid v.6.8.2 Server w/ Intel Xeon E3-1260L v5 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB DDR4 ECC RAM, Roon Core Version 1.7 (build 521) docker on a Samsung 860 SSD.

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Asus RT-86U router - Server connected to router via 1gb ethernet.

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Pi-Dac+ and Pi-DigiAMP+ running IQaudIO RoonReady certified image IQ_Roon_pcm5xxx_RC10.

Description Of Issue

I have one specific artist where there are 1100+ albums/live shows for that one artist. When loading that artist, first off it is slow to load and stutters a bit while scrolling through. When I scroll through the artist page as I approach the bottom all the albums become scrambled together and are unable to be accessed/played that way. I’ve attached an image of what this looks like. This is happening on my MacBook Pro 2015, 2.9Ghz i5 w/ 16gb DDR3 RAM running Roon remote 1.7 build 521. This does not occur when pulling up this artist on my iPhone XS so I don’t think it has anything to do with the server.

Please let me know what I can do to resolve or troubleshoot this issue as it’s really frustrating not being able to properly access this large section of my library on my MacBook. Thanks!

Thanks for the report, @Derek_Crosby!

I’d like to enable diagnostics so our team can take a look — Can you reproduce this issue once more and make a note of the time that you open up the Phish artist page and start scrolling through the albums? Once we have this time I’ll enable diagnostics and the team will review the report.

Sure thing! I just did this again and began scrolling through the page at 10:57AM MST. Let me know if you need anything else from me. Thanks!

Hello, any updates on this issue? Thanks

Thanks, @Derek_Crosby.

Thanks! Now that I have the timestamps, diagnostics have been enabled on your account. The next time your Core is active a diagnostics report will automatically be generated and uploaded directly to our servers

Once that’s been received, I’ll be sure to update this thread and pass the diagnostics over to the team for further analysis.

Just to verify — Does this issue persist after a reboot?

Sounds good. I’ve used Roon a few times since then so you should have the diagnostics by now. Yes this issue persists with reboots of the core and remote on my MacBook. This has been happening for quite some time.

Hello, just following up on this. Have the diagnostics been received? If so, any thoughts as to how to resolve the issue? Thanks

Hi @Derek_Crosby,

Apologies for the delay here. Diagnostics were received and I spoke with the QA team about this. They’ve reproduced the issue (a critical step in getting things resolved) and we’ve scheduled a meeting to discuss this with our development team this week. I’ll be sure to update you after we discuss with them.

A potential workaround is to use Filter option on the Album Browser to only show Phish albums. This will allow you to browse the albums here instead of on the artist page.

Thanks for the update Dylan. The workaround is helpful but browsing on the artist page would be ideal. Any more updates after meeting with the team about this?

Hi @Derek_Crosby,

I checked this issue in our internal tracker and I see that this issue is still in progress with our team. I don’t have any specific updates I can provide just yet regarding timelines, but as soon as there is more information I’ll be sure to reach out.

Hello, any updates on this issue? It’s been quite some time since I heard anything. Thanks

Any new updates?

@Dylan Any updates on this issue?

Hi @Derek_Crosby,

There’s been some progress here, but I can’t provide and specific timelines just yet. Apologies for the continued wait!

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.