Many albums show the Tidal symbol but will not stream through Roon

Roon Core Machine

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Connected Audio Devices

Number of Tracks in Library

Description of Issue

I have Roon and have subscribed to Tidal

In Roon, many albums through Tidal won’t play however, when I go direct to Tidal, they play fine. In Roon, the albums show the Tidal symbol yet won’t play.

Fill in the information about your system.

Roon is set up through my network and connected with my Bricasti M1 DAC. I’m using a Woo audio headphone amp. I’m not good with this stuff in explaining set up. All I know is the albums play straight through the Tidal app and the icon appears via Roon but says not available. What other info would you need? Thanks

Seems like I’m not the only one with this issue and no one is getting a response regardless of system set up

A screenshot of what you are seeing would help.

It’s the same thing everyone else is posting and there has been no response to. Says unavailable on Roon and plays directly through Tidal.

Unavailable as a pop up message or unavailable against the track?

Start by rebooting. Modem, router, switch, Roon core. Let each device start up complete before starting the next. As you can read in this forum most of the time this helps. Otherwise you will have to give details of your setup.

1 Like

Thanks- will try that and hopefully it works. Thx

Hey @Pat_Gravino,

First off, welcome to the community! We’re excited to have you here, and apologize that its an issue that prompted your initial post. As a few others have mentioned, we’ll need a more specific breakdown of your setup. Please copy and fill out the following information:

Roon Core Machine

Include your operating system and machine info (Model, CPU, RAM)

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Your network gear (model of routers/switches) and if on WiFi/Ethernet

Connected Audio Devices

Specify what devices you’re using and their connection types, like USB/HDMI/Chromecast, etc.)

Number of Tracks in Library

Tell us how large your music library is, eg. “30,000 tracks”

Description of Issue

Tell us about the problem you’re having in as much detail as possible. Screenshots are always appreciated!

Please let me know if you’re still seeing these issues after rebooting your system :+1:

Thanks Ben- I can’t answer these questions as I had a high end audio company set my system up. All I know is that it keeps telling me albums and songs are not available when I go to stream through Roon via Tidal. If I go directly to Tidal, everything plays fine. Makes no sense and I’ve seen this posted by others numerous times with no real answers given. I rebooted the Roon device and same result. This is very frustrating as I’m paying a monthly subscription for Tidal and apparently there is a disconnect between Roon and Tidal.

All Tidal tracks or just some that you had streamed previously.
If the former then you need to get your audio system details from your dealer. If the latter then all streamers remove licensing rights and whilst they replace the files in their own systems it leaves orphaned links in roon.

Hey @Pat_Gravino,

Got it. Thanks for letting us know! I see you also have a subscription with Qobuz, as @ged_hickman1 mentioned are you only seeing this issue with tracks from Tidal?

We’ve seen success from users in the past who have logged out of tidal on their roon account, given their core, router, and devices a hard reboot, followed by restarting and re-logging into their tidal accounts. Please give this a try and let me know if you’re still seeing issues.

If you are still seeing issues, please share a few screenshots of the tracks you’re having issues with.

A good thing to note outside of roon-related things, I would try to get even a basic diagram of your setup from the audio company who set your system up. These systems can be complex, and having a basic understanding of how things are functioning can help immesnly when needing to self-diagnose issues :+1:

Thanks for the reply Ben- let me check tonight and see if I have any issues with Quboz- I will also do as you suggested with logging out of Tidal and back in. Keep you posted.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.