Mark levinson 585 & Roon Nucleus

Hi all, I have bought a Roon nucleus (version B) and want to connect it using the Nucleus USB connection to the USB connection in the amplifier. But I can only see the two HDMI outputs in the Roon software.

Using the button add audio device nothing happens.

Also the screen when using the roon remote software is periodically flashing. Any experiance with this topic?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Br Torben

Well some things to check:

1. Make sure that you’ve plugged it into the correct USB port as shown by arrow.
  2. Verify that you are on the latest Levinson firmware
  3. Contact Levinson tech and verify whether or not you need the USB driver. Ask them if it is rated to work out of the box with Linux. The original 585 manual specified the driver. The latest manual does not.
  4. Sometimes the audio option does not show up in Roon unless the Amp is set to that input, so verify that the Levison is set to USB input.

Thanks Daniel,

I never updated the ML with new firmware, so I will give it a try. Hopefully it then works😊

Br Torben

After a firmware update and setting the ML to USB I tried again. I also made a reset of the Roon Nucleus because I had played around with too much in my attempts the day before, and now the music plays.

Thanks again, Daniel😊

1 Like