Mark Levinson No519 not Visible

Success!!!

I am thrilled. The ML No519 is really well done, but their app is terrible and without Roon this player would see little action.

I must have talked with the wrong tech at Mark Levinson, but luckily for me you were here to help guide me through this. I really appreciate it.

Now, back to the music!

Thatā€™s great news, glad it worked out okay. Enjoy the music and let me know what you think of the sound quality?

All the best

Will doā€¦ so far Iā€™m pleased. Give me a couple of days to explore some music.

With our shelter at home situation Iā€™ll have plenty of time for listening.

Hello @Deniz_Daldal,

Glad to see that youā€™re up and running, let us know if you run into any further issues!

And a big thank you to @Scotav for getting this one figured out, much appreciated!

-John

No problem John I was happy to help out.

First off, no need to sing Roonā€™s praises here, but what a joy! Thanks again Scotav.

To answer your your question about sound quality, let me give you a brief baseline of my system and the digital front end this replaces.

I have custom built TAD monitors that are tri-amped with Pass Labsā€™ XVR-1 crossovers. Preamp ā€“ Mark Levinson No326S. Amplification is Pass Labs XA25 for the highs, Parasound Halo JC-1s for the mids, and a big pro-audio QSC amp on the bottom. The speaker systemā€™s beryllium drivers are extremely detailed and revealing as well as being very dynamic.

The previous digital source was either a Mac Mini or BluSound Node 2i playing through a Bryston BDA 2 DAC.

So, the sound quality of the No519. I would describe it as offering a more detailed sound with more nuance, texture, sense of open space, and life than the previous digital sources. I want to say it is a brighter sound, but this isnā€™t a matter of timbre. It is hard to describe or quantify. It is basically giving me everything I could hope for.

Because I had both the Node 2i/Bryston and the No519 as part of a Roon system, I could group them and then with my preamp match the levels and toggle between the two inputs to directly compare them.

While the difference is subtle, it was consistent with all musical genres and digital sources, NAS with CD or high Rez files, or streaming.

From this comparison I can unequivocally recommend the Node 2i and Bryston as an excellent and affordable solution. The Mark Levinson No519 at a bit over 8X the cost is definitely a classic example of the law of diminishing returns. That said, for me in my system, I am very pleased with the performance bump and am thrilled to pull out even more detail, nuance, and life from my digital files!

1 Like

I couldnā€™t agree more with your description of the ML519 itā€™s exactly the experience I had. Itā€™s a very engaging, rhythmic and detailed sound that draws you into the music. I also found the DAC filters useful although generally Iā€™m not a fan of applying any sort of correction other than physical acoustic panels etc. Your right about the law of diminishing results and spending a lot of money but to me and many others itā€™s worth it.

Roon is an absolute game changer for me to stream music, as far as Iā€™m concerned nothing else comes close. I do appreciate the support on the forum both from members and from the Roon Team which is why Iā€™m a lifetime member.

Sounds like you have an excellent system there! Enjoy the music and your time at home in these difficult times for all.

Glad I was able to help and that youā€™re up and running, enjoy.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.