Marmite love it or hate it

It looks like the Marmite debate might run, so here’s a dedicated topic and a poll to air your views.

• Marmite love it
  • Marmite hate it

0 voters

3 Likes

To Marmite or not to Marmite, that is the question.:sunglasses:

We sending you some Marmite?

1 Like

Sure…then I can dip my Marmite sarnies in some tasty Bovril :innocent:

3 Likes

In my mind the only use case for Marmite
(Well I would get banned from the forums if I mentioned some others :man_facepalming:t2::roll_eyes:)

4 Likes

In the unfortunate event of a nuclear Holocaust there will be three things left on the planet.

Cockroaches.
Keith Richards.
And Marmite :wink:

5 Likes

You forgot PARSNIPS :wink:

4 Likes

Blurgh…nooooooo☹️

2 Likes

Yuchhhh

I used to hate visiting the Martson’s brewery in Burton because of the stink from the Marmite factory next door.

Yeast should be used for what it’s good at fermenting beer :joy::joy:

2 Likes

Absolutely Mike, I am a Marmite hater, the stuff should be banned :rofl:

I’m in the pro-Marmite camp. Regardless of your feelings about the brown stuff, the bread baker in me wants to call foul on that statement. Beer and bread (and Marmite :wink: )

1 Like

Wonderful stuff that Marmite :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :heart_eyes:

1 Like

There is always the 5% :see_no_evil: :scream:

1 Like

Come on you know you really love it - be a man, suss up and admit it :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

My Wife and son are also crazy fools who love marmite as well.

When he was little (between 2 & 3) my son would eat marmite sandwiches and chase non believers around threatening Marmite kisses.
It was always hilarious to watch, and disgusting if you got caught and had the hot marmite breath in your face :scream: :rofl:

4 Likes

Love that story :joy:

We have carried jars of Marmite around the world for friends who were desperate for their Marmite “kick” - including Bucharest, Budapest, Singapore, Darwin, and Brisbane :smiley:

Too many years a Brewer :sunglasses: turned me into a purist.

Add to that I don’t even eat bread .

I also failed to mention wine yeasts , wild yeasts (for our Belgian readers) and other odd yeasts knocking around in our natural world (Google Candida , the image was tro gross to post !!)

The tons of waste yeast I have sent to Marmite in my career , I dread to think.

I actually DON’T like the flavour anyway

1 Like

Heathen :laughing:

1 Like

Deeeelicious :stuck_out_tongue:

Blurgh :nauseated_face:
I’m with @Michael_Harris on this!
Maybe I should start a thread to cast vote’s for and against Marmite :sunglasses:

3 Likes