Mass update of media number

Sometimes, in box sets, the metadata does not recognize that the various discs are part of a set and therefore they get treated as separate releases. I have to manually change the media number for each song, then Roon will organize them into a multidisc release. This is quite tedious.

I couldn’t find a way to change the the media number for an entire disc at once (instead of song by song).

Is there any way to do this in bulk? If not, that would be a nice feature to have.

1 Like

In your set do the sub folders have more text than just CD01 , eg CD01 Bach will cause the disc to split off as if a separate release

You could look at MP3Tag to adjust tags externally then reimport , its a freebie

If you want to do it within Roon, you can select multiple tracks. Go into the album, right click the first track, scroll down to the last, press and hold shift while right clicking on the last track. Now you can edit the whole group. I don’t know of any way of doing it at the album level.

Me personally, if there’s a file tag for what I want, I do it there. I highly suspect any program that can do tagging will let you do albums as a whole. dbpoweramp is a popular choice here–I use foobar2000 since that’s what I started with when I ripped my first CDs.

That works thanks. I didn’t manage to select the whole block using 1st and last track (I use a Mac) but ctrl+click adds the tracks one at a time. Then I can mass update the media number.

1 Like

Ok I figured how to right click on my Mac … after about 12 years of using one!