Master tracks and my config PC/Mac

I have a Steelseries USB headset.
It supports 44.1 and 48kHz.
When I connect it to my PC it only supports 16-bits and roon truncates the signal.
When connected to my Mac no truncation is done and lossless 24-bit is transmitted.
This is really weird.

HDMI audio on PC is 44.1, 48 and 96kHz.
HDMI audio on Mac is 44,1, 48, 88.2 and 96kHz.

Internal sound on PC is 44.1, 48, 96 and 192kHz
Internal sound on Mac is 44,1, 48, 88.2 and 96kHz.

Finally we have my new Meridian Explorer2
it supports 44,1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4 and 192kHz.

I own no hires music files so I’m limited to TIDAL master tracks.

I obviously have lots of DACs. One in each computer.
One in the headset.
One in my home cinema surround sound unit.
And finally the explorer2.

There are some strange differences between PC and Mac which I can’t explain.

Tidal track -> Software MQA decoding -> transmission over HDMI is definitely an option.

176.4 / 192kHz is only possible with MQA DAC and then we are talking signal cable to either headphones or the AUX input.

One reason I bought the explorer was to be able to play MQA files through the superior roon interface.
Another was to gain 192kHz unfolding.
I was really looking forward to roon software MQA handling but with no roadmap I became inpatient.
The fact that the final unfolding can only be done by the DAC gave me a reason to try the explorer.
It’s too early to tell if I’m satisfied. The interface regarding dealing with master albums needs to improve.

You can filter 200+ albums pretty quickly in TIDAL by going through them all attempting to playback and the master text will show upp a lot earlier than the song actually starts playing so you can move to the next album rather quickly.