Matching Tidal & Local library not matching

I just linked Tidal to Roon, but now see a lot of duplicates in my library…

Some of it is because the local album is not “identified”, so there is nothing that can be done by Roon about it.

However, there is a decent amount of albums that are identified by Roon, but still show duplicate with the respect Tidal albums. This makes the Tidal function unusable for me.

Let me illustrate with an artist and how it shows in “discography”:

1. Camila Cabello - Oh Na Na (Extended version)
    Local: Identified by Roon and listed under “main albums”
    Tidal: Listed under “Singles & EPs”

2. Camila Cabello - Bam Bam (feat. Ed Sheeran)

3. Camila Cabello - Bam Bam (feat. Ed Sheeran) (Karaoke Version)

Any thoughts how to fix this?

They are not listed under main albums for me, they are under Singles & EPs in Roon (and show the Tidal badge).

Assuming that you mean under the main albums of Camila. There are only 4 of those for me: Camila, Romance, Cinderella, and Familia

I have the same album in my local library (matched by Roon). The ones in my local library show under “main albums” (with local library icon). The ones from Tidal show under “Single & EPs”.

The annoying part is that this results in the albums showing as duplicates. Once under “main albums” and once under “Single & EPs”.

Yes I got that, but not for me. I just added the Karaoke version to my library and it still shows under Singles & EPs with local library and Tidal icons, and not under main albums. No idea why the difference.

You can go to album > Edit and change the album type from Main to Single, for instance. Maybe this helps?