Matrix Audio mini-i 3 randomly stops playing every hour or so

Roon Core Machine

QNAP TVS 871 with 16GB RAM - 1.8 884
Windows 10 as my UI - 1.8 884

Networking Gear & Setup Details

QNAP and Matrix Audio cabled into 1GB switch, no wireless.

Connected Audio Devices

matrix audio mini-i 3

Number of Tracks in Library

19k tracks

Description of Issue

I’ve just got a new matrix audio mini-i 3 which sounds great, however every now and then it just stops playing, approx once an hour. I goto the Roon UI and it’s showing as STOPPED. I press play and it’s all good again.

Before the matrix audio mini-i 3 I had an Allo USB Bridge over cabled network and they never had the issue.

Is this the right place to log support issues?

Hi @support - is this the right place to get some help? Or should I be speaking to Matrix Audio?

Hi @Dan_Mason ,

Yes, you are in the right place!

That is interesting. Have you noticed any patterns when/what it stops on? Is it at the end or beggining of the track? Are there any correlations with the file format (file type/sample/bit rate) when the stoppage occurs?

What happens if you temporarily try to host the Roon Core on the PC?

• Create a Backup of your current database
  • Open Roon on the other PC you wish to try as the Core
  • Roon Settings → General
  • Disconnect
  • On the “Choose your Core” screen, press “Use this PC”
  • If asked to Unauthorize, you can go ahead and do so. You are limited to one active Roon Core at a time but you are free to switch between them as often as you’d like.
  • Verify if the same behavior occurs on the different PC

Thanks for the suggestions.

However, yesterday I discovered the ‘update firmware’ option in the Matrix Audio settings. There was a new update available, so I updated and rebooted the Mini-i and the problem hasn’t happened since.

I’ve left it playing albums continuously all night and no issues whereas before the issue would occur every hour or two, so I think that confirms the issue is fixed.

Thanks

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.