Max Sample Rate PCM

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Mac version 10.13.6

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

no wifi connected directly to dac via optical

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

spdif

Description Of Issue

i have quite a few 192 recordings and am looking to upsample to 192 however when i check in device set up it says max sample rate pcm 96 kHz and this is all it will upsample to

How do i change this please?

Probably the max rate of optical on your DAC is only 96K.

Can you use another connection, e.g. USB?

Hi
Thanks for the reply
It shows this in my mac before connecting to the dac. Whether I use optical or USB the settings don’t change. I have checked the specs for the mac and it supports 192 via optical
Makes no sense!!!

Out of curiosity, what is the make of you DAC?

Anyway, tagging @support.

Its Chord
I tried Jriver and allows 192 on there

Hi, have you set the output to exclusive mode so the Mac has no influence on the signal with Roon?

Check settings in the Audio Midi Setup. You can find the Audio MIDI Setup app tucked away in Applications > Utilities.

Hello @Frank_Wilshaw,

Let’s check the device’s behavior using the USB 2.0 (HD) input.

1. Connect the device to your Mac using the USB 2.0 (HD) connection.
  2. Open the Menu > Settings > Audio screen.
  3. Enable the Chord USB zone. Ensure that you are not using the “System Output”, “Built-in Output”, or “Built-in Digital Output” zones.
  4. Once you have enabled the Chord USB zone, click on the gear icon to open the Device Setup screen.
  5. On the Device Setup screen, ensure that the “Exclusive Mode” option is enabled.

Let us know the results of this test and we can continue to troubleshoot from there.

-John

Hi John

Tried this with usb and still gives the same option 48/96 kHz options only

I’ve always connected via optical to my mac previously. Seems to work better

Hi @Frank_Wilshaw,

Can you please share a screenshot of your Device Setup Tab for that Chord zone by using these instructions to upload the screenshots to this site?

Also, can you share a screenshot of your Audio Midi Setup when you have the optical output connected to the Core and the optical input is selected on your Chord DAC?

The Audio Midi setup should look something like this, please post a similar picture outlining the supported sample rates:

Max%20Sample%20Rate%20OSX

– Noris

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.