Max volume on start of playback via Airplay - Naim Mu-so & Mu-so Qb [Solved]

Hello @nate_lynch/@Pixelpopper/@Ulrik_Willumsgaard/@ToneDeaf/@Anthony_Saracino,

Can I please ask you to provide the current firmware & product version of your MuSo that you’re experiencing this issue with? You can find the firmware version using either of these two methods:

1. Navigate to http://IP_ADDRESS_OF_MUSO/1000/index.html -> Click the “overview” tab -> IP address in settings -> Audio in Roon

2. Navigating to the Mu-so in the Naim Android/iOS app and selecting settings -> About.

Thanks,
Noris

App version 5.11.2, Build version 4342, Streamer version 1.7.11, BSL version3.2.0

1 Like

Details for my devices attached.

1 Like

Hi @noris

See attached

and

1 Like

ps, via web access I also see 366.0 for airplay firmware, @noris.

1 Like

P.S. I had thought that setting Roon to Fixed Volume for this device corrected this issue. It did not.

Now trying with a wired connection, and it happened again:
Started through pc application:
Using the Android stuff I’m having same releases as ‘ToneDeaf’.

Is there an update on the status of this fix? Thank you.

1 Like

Hi @Anthony_Saracino,

I took a look at our internal tracker today and I can see that this ticket is still under active investigation by the dev team. As soon as we have any additional information to share I will be sure to let you know.

Thanks,
Noris

1 Like

Hi @noris and everyone else, I’ve been having this exact issue for some time now and had come to the conclusion it must be something I’d done (and didn’t know how to undo) because what sort of business would allow product out the door that does this to your kit?

Having found this thread I’m at least reassured I’m not quite the idiot I suspected I was. But then I’m frustrated to see the thread kicked off in December and in mid February we still don’t have an answer, never mind a fix.

So, 3 days after you last checked @noris, how are things looking on the internal tracker today, please?

I’ve put back up my old system - a Squeezebox Touch to the digital in on my MuSo. It’s now being managed through the squeezebox ecosystem. I couldn’t live with the ‘surprise’ of full volume from time to time, indeed looking forward to a fix, taking advantage of Roon…

Also getting this with a Muso-QB (but not Uniti).

When I’m sat next to do it I turn the volume down manually before the music comes on. When I’m in a different room initially I don’t get that chance and BOOM - very loud! I hope it’s not damaging the Muso when this happens.

Would definitely like this fixing ASAP.

Hi @Andrew_Storey/@Ulrik_Willumsgaard/@Rob_Kirkbride,

Thank you for your continued interest in this issue. We are still investigating this issue with the dev team but unfortunately I am unable to provide an exact timeline of when a fix will be published. All I can say is that the dev team is working on it and I will keep this thread up to date as new information surfaces and work towards a fix begins.

While this investigation occurs on our end, does @john’s post from above help mitigate the issue?

Thanks,
Noris

Hi @noris,

Thanks for the update, what a pity this is taking so long to get fixed. Re John’s suggestion, it’s inconvenient and a “work around” so never ideal, but it offers temporary protection until the correct and permanent fix is made available.

Yours, patiently waiting…

Andy.

I also have this issue with my 2 Muso’s . The problem with the work around above is that one of Muso’s is also used with my Living Room TV and that has to be at around 90% to work at an acceptable volume level . Multi room is also very unreliable since the AirPlay patch was issued , so much so that I tend to go back to the Naim app for MultiRoom which would not be my choice. I’was surprised that AirPlay 2 was not included in the 1.6 release ?

I can reproduce this faulty behavior on my two Muso QBs. I would love to get an update when things improve. Thanks!

I am also getting an unexpected jump to 100%

Me too on 3 Muso QB’s

I’ve resorted to using LMS-To-UPNP for these devices

@support is there any update on this issue for Airplay clients such as the Naim Muso and Qb’s mentioned here?

1 Like

Hi everyone,

We are continuing to investigate this issue with Naim. We will be sure to update you all once we have more information. We appreciate your patience as we look into this!

2 Likes