Max volume on start of playback via Airplay - Naim Mu-so & Mu-so Qb [Solved]

I agree. Reported this bug more than a year ago. Had 3 muso then. Now just one. Have all sorts of acrobatics to avoid blowing my speakers and ears and neighbor complaints. My complaint is that i bought decent hardware, a lifetime subscription and it should just work. One company should work around the other technical issue in some way. But it seems capitalism marches on and the market has spoken. This is my issue with new tech, can’t lock it down. Protocol incompatibilities. Roon comes close for audio for me, but not all the way with my gear.

I emailed this thread to Naim Customer Support asking when we may see a fix being issued…

No response. Three days and waiting.

Responses do usually take a while, often 5-6 days or more. I get the impression that there are not many people employed at Naim customer relations and even fewer on software/firmware development. :roll_eyes:

I imagine theres a little army on the sales team though :slight_smile:

1 Like

Still nothing from Naim, and I know two others from a Hifi forum who have emailed them with the same problem and not had a response…

Looks like they have washed their hands of it. Great service for the price of a Muso…

Similarly, having sent copies of emails to Roon @support I have also received no response. I’m unimpressed to put it mildly.

There needs to be some communication on this issue, even if it’s just a status update. I’ve practically given up on ever seeing this fixed. I had hoped that if the NAIM app was able to start music on the Mu-so at correct volume, then this could be achieved in ROON too.

What drives me nuts is both Naim and Roon are premium products I paid for but neither will bite the bullet and make this work. The market has spoken, chasing Sonos seems more important than helping core customer base with difficult issues.

1 Like

So Roon arent responding either? Thats poor.

Thank god I still have a fairly big window in my thirty days for a refund if this is how they are treating the matter.

This is becoming a price example of two premium companies not supporting their customers. Premium is just that to me, premium price, premium service…

I might see if I can get the NAIM CEO email address.

2 Likes

If anyone uses Linked In

https://www.linkedin.com/in/charliehenderson/

Roon has been far more responsive than NAIM, but it is a Naim issue, they clearly aren’t willing to fix. I fully agree on paying premium price for premium service. Roon could choose to fix this in their code to work around Naim in my opinion as a long time techie, but that’d also set a bad precedent and potentially introduce other complexities into how they work with other devices.

I reported this bug and have been waiting for improvement for well over a year. Heard a lot from Roon, not a peep from Naim.

Hello @nate_lynch,

We attempted to fix this behavior with an update to the Roon client pushed in early May. While some users reported an improvement in certain situations, ultimately the patch did not resolve the issue.

We then determined in collaboration with the Naim technical team that this can only be resolved with an update to the Mu-so firmware.

It should be noted that this issue arose after an update to the Mu-so firmware. Our AirPlay implementation continues to work well with all other devices in the AirPlay ecosystem (sans one other device using a network module from the same manufacturer as the Mu-so).

We remain ready and willing to assist Naim in getting this issue resolved as soon as possible.

-John

I can confirm that there was a marked improvement after the May update but unfortunately the the unpredictability of the “fix” continues to be an issue.

Christ, what it do before the update?

Happened every time, for me, but now, since May, around 50% of the time :roll_eyes:

Oh , mine happens every time on all Muso’s…all firmwares up to date

Naim have confirmed, to me, that there is a problem with their firmware. They use 3rd party developers for some aspects of it’s production but the developers have had issues with Airplay implementation. As a result the developers passed the problem back to Naim a few weeks ago. The Naim software team are now looking at introducing a fix (work around) to resolve the issue but it doesn’t appear to be in much of a hurry.

1 Like

Is this recent info Paul?

Received the information from Naim last week.

1 Like

So nothing committing to the fix :frowning:

I’ve spoke to five people now independently - non have had a reply from Naim regarding the issue.