Max Volume output at playback

Nucleus (Roon/Version 1.7/Roon build 571)

Hi, I’m having a very annoying problem. Randomly, when I start playback or when I change the listening device, the volume is set to max level on the device wich is very loud !
The problem is not occuring every time and I can’t see any pattern here. Volue control is set to “device volume” for every devices.
It happens whatever remote I use.

I’m runnig roon on a Nucleus via my wifi network (livebox).

Devices used for music playing :

• Naim Mu-so (1st generation) via Airplay (very very LOUD at max level…it hurts)
  • Naim Mu-so Qb (1st generation) via Airplay
  • Audioquest dragonfly plugged to usb-c on my PC remote (HP Omen)

Remotes used :

• HP Omen (windows 10 64bits)
  • Asus T305CA (windows 10 64 bits)
  • Ipad A1822 (5th generation)
  • Samsung Galaxy note 9

Thanks for your help. If you need further informations, I’d be happy to add details here.

My Dragonfly Cobalt was jumping to max volume when set on device volume. I set it on DSP volume to solve the problem. I have my Oppo 203 set on fixed volume and use the Bose volume control. My Meridian Prime is set on device volume and does not have a problem. It has a volume control knob on the front.

The Muso issue is a bug that Naim are aware of. The issue went back and forth with Roon and Naim support for a while. I believe you should contact Naim support as they offered up a solution eventually. You can likely search the forum to find the thread.

The Cobalt is a bug in their firmware Roon confirmed this and we are still awaiting an update from Audioquest.

2 Likes

Here is the thread it’s big. If you get towards the bottom you’ll find Naims response and who to contact.

Hi @Nicolas_Hattry,

You can reach out to Steve at Naim for further assistance with the MuSo issue, please see my post here:

Hi everybody,

thanks for the quick answers ! I emailed Steve at Naim and I folllowed the update steps he told me. I hope the problem is now solved.
I’ll put my eartips and try…

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.