Maybe I am Stupid but please

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Windows 10 PC

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Ethernet
Fritzibox router
Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

TEXT GOES HERE

Description Of Issue

I have been using Roon happily for a while now and love it.
But, I had to reinstall Windows and Roon on to the new windows install,and its all working great , (thank god for the backups), But whilst it worked perfect with latest Ipad Pro and Galaxy Note 9 Phone prior to reinstall windows it does not now.

When I first got Roon I think I had the same problem until someone told me about a setting that I had missed. I am not great at networking and such like but always manage to get by.
I know this isnt great description but I really am down about losing control through phone and ipad, and need help.

Thanks Guys

You probably have to add roon as exception in your Windows firewall.

Hi,
Thanks for quick reply, but I have tried that and checked both boxes. So isn’t that.
I have been looking and there is something says click settings in roon then accept connections from remote, but I cant find that bit?

The original post was about Firewall Exceptions, I put a link to the solution of that thread below:

Hey thanks Rugby, and that must have worked for me last time, but not this time.I had already done that. .
On the PC its same as ever was,and can operate the devaliet in another room. but I need the ipad and phone as remote.

I will try uninstall from ipad and reinstall.

• EDIT +
    That has worked for ipad so far. Reinstall app.

Just to be clear. You’ve now re-installed the iPad app and it is working. All that is left is to get the Note 9 going, correct? And I assume you’ve un-installed and re-installed the app on the Note 9 already?

Just did it Rugby.
It is all working great.
Must be that after clean install the app did not associate the correct core?Or could I have cahnged it?
Anyways thanks for your help and all is well.I love Roon LOL

1 Like

Excellent! Enjoy the Music!

I was going to suggest you delete and reinstall the app on your phones, etc., but I see you did and that solved your problems. An app reinstall is frequently the solution when they stop working.

Thanks James and everyone else too for being so helpful and quick to respond.
If I hadn’t “fluked it” you would have solved my problem.
Roon is great and this community a credit to it.
Thanks Guys

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.