Mcintosh DAC "Unidentified device"

Hi Guys,

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Ubuntu server linux Roon Core:
Linux rooncore 5.4.0-42-generic #46-Ubuntu SMP Fri Jul 10 00:24:02 UTC 2020 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Wired only network, gigabit ethernet.

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Mcintosh MA8900 DA1 DAC.

Description Of Issue

Just noticed my Mcintosh device does figure as “Unidentified device”, not sure when it happened or why, I did rebooted the bridge machine, reloaded the device settings, powered off the core, bridge and integrated amp, disabled the device and still shows up as unidentified device, any ideas?

Thanks!

There is a tab/link there in the Audio Device block to identify this device.

this you mean? not working

I went into my setup and found McIntosh MA8900. I found the ICON for McIntosh, selected that and the MA8900 was in the list. Maybe it is not getting a match with Mcintosh-hd.

Hello @mavmcl, and thanks for the report! I’d like you to close Roon and go to where your Roon database is stored and inside of the “cache” folder, delete the following folders:

1. devicedb-prod.zip
  2. devicedb-prod.zip.etag

This should refresh the list of icons and when you restart Roon, we should have the icons back! Let me know.

Thanks @nuwriy I will give it a try.

I did it, at first it had no icon but said the device as MA8900, then rebooted and again unrecognized device, good tip you gave me, I am just going to start up a new DB this one is 1 year old and I have restored it like 30 times while looking for my perfect core setup which I feel I finally got.

hey @nuwriy after taken a full DB backup as it was a cache folder I stopped the roonservice in the linux machine then ran rm -rf * inside Cache, rebooted and it is fixed!
Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.