Media controls/keys target other applications

Roon Core Machine

Dell PowerEdge T110 II with an Xeon E3-1220 and 8GB of RAM.

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Netgear R6400 V2.

Connected Audio Devices

My PC (LAN)

Number of Tracks in Library

3300 currently.

Description of Issue

When using the media controls on my keyboard (or even Bluetooth headphones) to play/pause or skip a track they always seem to target other media. For instance, if I play a Youtube video, pause it, start playing a track on Roon and press pause/play on my keyboard, the Youtube video will start playing instead of Roon pausing. Using the media keys will only work if I have the Roon window open but this will pause the song in Roon and resume the Youtube video again. Only if I have all other media closed and I press pause on my keyboard (with having the Roon window minimized) it will pause the song.

Hi @Jens_Meuleman,

Thank you for getting in touch about this. We’ve looked into some of these active tab interactions when Roon is being used. Much of the issue here is with the OS and confusion over which tab has control/authority. It happens on my Mac laptop with a number of other apps. For instance, when I’m using Qobuz and YouTube at the same time.

Roon is designed to bring your attention to the finer details of your music. If using Roon on it’s own, without competing with other apps simultaneously, on your particular system helps you to have the best experience we recommend that as your use strategy.

This topic was automatically closed after 21 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.